Monday, 20 February 2012

Please welcome Nielouphar Abdurahiman


This is really awkward - me introducing myself. So I'am going to keep this very short. :D

I'am Nielouphar Abdurahiman (you can call me Neelu). I've been living in Dubai since May, 2001. I'am a stay-at-home mom to two kiddos - Talha Ahmed, almost 4 years old; and Aisha Khulood, a year old. 

I started scrapbooking in 2011. Although, I must say that I've always loved scribbling next to my travel photos and collecting memorabilia wherever I went. I didn't know it was called 'scrapbooking' back then. Silly me! 

I would say my scrapbooking style is 'clean and simple'. Although, lately, I've been playing a lot with watercolours, ink, mists and acrylics. What I love the most about scrapbooking is that I can play around with a lot of tools and I don't feel 'constrained' with this hobby. 

Here are a few of my favourite projects that I would like to show off today. 




I also love to crochet - it's ironic that I'am saying it now as there was a time when I used to hate anything to do with wool and needle. ha! In the layout above, I used crocheted hearts as embellishments. I also crocheted the headband my daughter Aisha is wearing. ;) 

Few not-so-fun facts about me: -
  • I'am a hardcore foodie. You will never be disappointed if you invite me for lunch / dinner.  
  • I'am a sucker for comedy sitcoms. I've watched F.R.I.E.N.D.S like a zillion times and I still laugh at their jokes like it's the first time I'am hearing them. My family think I'am nuts. 
  • I love making lists and checking things off.  
  • I laugh hard and cry even harder. 
  • I've been procrastinating about running a 10k for too long. (I did run a 3k though. Will that count?)
  • I shy away from discussing Islam or India as they are too close to my heart. 

I think that's enough about me for today. :D Do check out my blog and gallery for more of my projects. I hope you will like what you see. 

---

I hope all of you will join Irene, Donna, Shruti and me in this new adventure of ours. I hope that Pretty Paper Studio will help you cherish and preserve your memories. I hope and pray that Pretty Paper Studio will become a community where all of us can share and help each other in every way possible. Ameen!

Happy crafting
Neelu






3 comments:

  1. its so good to know a liitle bit more about you Neelu...and your LO's look so beautiful i really liked your crochet work..its so lovely..especially your daughter's headband:):)and best of luck for your new venture and hope its a roaring success insahallah:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Neelu!!

    hehe.. I am a sucker for sitcoms too! Maybe we could watch some together when we meet in Dubai.. hehe..

    Look forward to having fun creatives times together at PPS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely works Neelu:)wish you all the best:)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.