Monday, 9 April 2012

Doily flower tutorial

***If you are here for the blog hop, see this post below***

Hi all! Donna here to share with you how I created the doily flowers I used on my layout, "Love you to bits" using the April 2012 scrapbooking kit,  "Let's be friends?"


It's really simple and easy to make...
First, trace and cut a circle in any paper of your liking. My circle is approx. 3 inches, I used the inside of my double-sided tape to trace my circle. I tested first on a piece of copy paper to determine what size I want and 3inches is just perfect for what I need. (Pardon the messy cutting mat hehe)


Second, free-hand cut your circle to look like something in the image below. Again, I don't have exact measurement on the spacing but I just made sure it's kind of even.

Then, get your doily and mist. I used Tattered Angel glimmer mist in Tuscan Sun.


Fold your paper flower as seen in the image below. Just basically fold it 8x, doesn't matter where you start because this is just like a guide for the next step....this side up is the back of my paper flower.


Gather through the folds and arrange it to create your flower. Cut a small slit at the tip of the flower.


Get your misted doily and fold it as seen in the image below


Roll the tip of the folded doily and insert through the slit of the paper flower.


Turn it over and slight flatten/arrange the doily with your fingertips. Be careful with the doily as it is a bit delicate (with or without the mist). Then, you'd end up with something like this....


Embellish with button or brad... I adhered my button with Glossy Accent. Another option is thread or floss, but uhm.. I'm just too lazy to do that :D


Hope you like it! Shoot us a message if you have any queries.
Thanks and have a great day!

4 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.