Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Pop! Micro Beads - Tutorial

Heya crafters!

This is Shruti here and I have a very quick and an easy tutorial on how to make a tag. I've used the new American Crafts Pop! Microbeads on the tag I made today.

Microbeads are very easy to use. You use them just like glitter and they create dimension, luster and texture on scrapbook pages, cards, gift tags and anything you want. I think they are great and look really cool especially if you use them on small chip board shapes! :)

Here is what I made..



Now for the tutorial..

Step 1.

Cut out a tag from a white cardstock.



Step 2.

Distress the tag with a color of your choice. I have used the Victorian Velvet Distress Ink.


Step 3.

There you go..



Step 4.

I cut out a piece of a doily and stuck it on to the corner of the tag



Step 5.

Now punch out different sizes of circles.


Step 6.

Now place them on the tag randomly.. however you think looks best..




Step 7.

This is my favourite step.. glue the Microbeads Pop! on to the punched out circles.. I've used the Glossy Accent here as I think it works best on the beads. Now there are two ways you can do this.

1) Adhere the punched out circles on the tag and then stick the beads on them..

2) or the way I am doing now.. 



Step 8

Layer the glossy accent evenly on the circle..



Step 9.

Pour the beads on to the circle. :) How cute is the color? Its got a cute name as well.. "Lipgloss"


Step 10.

Similarly I filled up one of the circles with American Crafts Wow! glitter in Cotton Candy.


Step 11.

Once the glue dries and the glitter and the beads stick well.. adhere them on the the tag like shown below... am loving the texture the beads give to the tag..


Step 12.

Now to add some depth I colored the edges of the circles with some stamping ink. This step is optional..


Step 13.

You are almost done now.. embellish the tag however you want. I used different sized pearls on my tag to give it a final finishing touch. Now, punch out a hole. Add an eyelet and tie a ribbon!


Thats it! :)

Hope you liked the tutorial. There are various ways you can use the Pop! microbeads. If you are interested in more tutorials on how to use your Microbeads Pop! then leave a comment below and let us know..

Love,
Shruti


4 comments:

  1. how cool is this!!!love the tute shorty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super kewl!! loved the colours here! nice tute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the cotton candy glitter!! And of course, the tag is awesome tooo!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.