Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Amy Tangerine Day Book - My Happy Book

Hi PPS folks,

This is Shruti here and I am back with yet another project. :) This time I wanted to share with you guys what I made out of my Amy Tangerine Day book.. 

Often we tend to forget the good things in life and lament about what we have lost or do not have.. especially when you are having a bad day. I am a pretty happy and a self motivated person but at times even I feel the need to cheer myself up.. So I thought, why not jot down all the things that make me happy in a book... More like My Happy Book! Something that I'd like sitting on my coffee table and occasionally skim through when I feel like it. 

So here you go.. My very own handmade Happy Book!


I've filled the pages with lots of photos and quotes..



(psstt.. those baby like fingers aren't mine.. those are my husbands.. ;) ) The number stickers are from the Echo Park - A Boy's Life collection





Hehe.. thats when my friends came over and we went all mad and posed for a lot of pictures.. :)




That was my little pet squirrel, peanut!







I recommend all of you should try making your own Happy Book. When I started off making this one.. I was not sure if I would have enough happy things to list out to fill it up! But its only when you sit down to list everything do you realize that you have so much to be grateful for!!

I really hope you guys liked what I made out of my Day book.. I've used a lot of alphas, embellishments and pattern papers for this project.. Almost all of them are available in the store.. Scroll down to check out the complete list of items used on this book..

Supplies used :

Alphas/Stickers: American Crafts Amy Tangerine Lovely Mulberry Foam Rubber Thickers, Amy Tangerine SKETCHBOOK Muse Woodgrain Thickers Chipboard, Amy Tangerine Goodness Slate Printed Chip Thickers, Crate Paper - Random Collection - Alpha Labels Cardstock Stickers 12"x12" Sheet, Dear Lizzy NEAPOLITAN Thickers Glitter Chipboard Charmed Peapod, Dear Lizzy Neapolitan Tile Letters Stickers Ballerina, Echo Park - A Boy's Life - Alpha Stickers, October Afternoon Mini Market Grey and Cream Alpha Stickers, October Afternoon Sidewalks Word Stickers, American Crafts - Pebbles - Country Picnic Collection - Embossed Stickers - Masking Tape, Dear Lizzy Neapolitan remark stickers, My Mind's Eye My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Dilly Dally Adventures Label Sticker Accessories, Jenni Bowlin Studio - Jewel Embellished Butterflies - Red

Pattern Paper: Amy Tangerine Sketchbook Paper Pad 6x6, My Mind's Eye - Miss Caroline Collection - Dilly Dally - 6 x 6 Paper Pad, My Mind's Eye - Miss Caroline Collection - Dolled Up - 6 x 6 Paper Pad, October Afternoon Sidewalks 8x8" Paper Pad

Die Cuts: Amy Tangerine Sketchbook Bits Die Cut Shapes, Dear Lizzy Neapolitan Chipboard Shapes ,

Thats all folks!

Happy crafting..
- Shruti


4 comments:

  1. Hey Shurti! This is just amazing! what a colourful and lively happy book! great work.
    Shafaq.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl!! It's terrific!! It is so inspiring and once u make one...it's sure to lift up your down spirits! I am deifinitely going to make one..I watched each and every page so minutely :D..trying to read all that u have written and can be read :p. The PPs are also fabulous! And I am so much in love with the butterfly punch..
    Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is like the most awesomest book ever....I feel like asking you to send it to me, so I can see in every nook and cranny and see what you used!! If I didn't know you had made it, I would have mistaken it for one of the international crafters to have done it...aka Ali Edwards style..heather Nichol kinda book, but still retaining your own personal touches.

    I love love how you've mixed PP, mixed various elements and yet the message of the pages stand out..it doesn't get overshadowed by the elements and the pattern papers...superbly done girlie...a huge pat on your back !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your kinds comments. Shruti put in a lot of effort on this mini and it really shows :)

    xxNeelu

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.