Thursday, 4 October 2012

October Challenge - Make a set of Three Cards

Hi all !!!

Today is my turn to show you the cards that I've made. Umm ... my name is Riri, and I am a scrapaholic ....hehehehe

So my theme is supposed to be Eid cards. The moment Neelu mentioned that, I'am instantly speechless .... hmmm ... Eid cards??? What ????

I am not the flowery, or the elegant or classy scrapper ... you know, like something that the Prima girls would make ..... I was literally scratching my head for this task ... and on top of that, I have to use American Craft WOW Glitter. OMG.

My idea of Eid cards is that, it has to be squarish. Don't know why, but that's what immediately cross my mind, and have Islamic or other curly pattern. Don't ask me why I think of that, but that's basically my interpretation of Eid cards.

But I dont have any embellishments that represent Eid. No flower, no bling bling, nil .... nothing. And that's where my Mrs.Cameo come to the rescue ..... tadaaaaa ...... (you know about PPS latest bundle offer about cameo right? right? right? .... I almost buy Cameo all over again just because of that offer, but cancel it because I don't have money ..... :P)

This is the first one, I simply cut two curly pattern at the same size and layered it. Put a little bit of Jenni Bowlin Rub On, and of course Wow! Extra Fine Gold Glitter.




Supplies used:
White Cardstock
Mr Huey  Lunch Tray

The second card is slightly different. I purposedly made the three cards looks different. I still consider it a set because they were of the same theme. But made it differently just to prove that Eid card, or any other holiday card can look fun as well.

The second one, again, Mrs Cameo come to the rescue, she cut doily pattern that match the size of this paper from MME, brad, tiny letter .... and here come a girly Eid Card ... love it!!!!



Supplies used:
White Cardstock

Below is the last one, I am kinda tired playing with glitter at this point of time, it was fun but stuck everywhere!!! Even my teeth!!!! Still the fun-ness is above all else.. hihihi .... So I kept them between two layer of transparent. And close the end with my beloved washi tape (psssst .... last time I count I got about 130 rolls of washis!!!! ..... me and my washi tapes, together forever, happy ever after) ..... hahahaha

So there you are glitter, be still you right there!!!!! ....


Supplies used:
White Cardstock

Well, I've tried my best for these cards ..... not sure whether they are the correct cards or not, but who cares. Like Ali Edwards used to say, at the end 'its all good!!!' ..... right ? Show me what you have girls!!!!! Happy scrapping .... dont forget to share your prize with me !!! hahaha ......

Riri

6 comments:

  1. these cards are really very cute Riri:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow your cards are simply gorgeous!! i love the way you have made the designs with your cameo...so amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! These are fabulous cards, Riri!! :D Loved them all.. Your cards just make me want to buy a cameo of my own! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE....nothing else....just.....LOVE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply fabulous ! I loved all of them ...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.