Sunday, 21 October 2012

October Challenge: Make a set of three cards

On the occasion of World Card Day this month, I, Shruti, have a set of 4 'Welcome baby' cards to share with you all today. I've used some of the new craft stuff available at Pretty Paper Studio right now.. Do check them all out at the PPS store soon before they vanish out!



I've used multiple pattern papers here and layered them. I am going crazy with my new MS butterfly punches bought from PPS.. They are so pretty!! You might find a lot of these butterflies in my creations from now. *winks* The American Crafts POP! Microbeads in Lipgloss add a bit of texture to the card. The sentiment is heat embossed with a white embossing powder.

Supplies Used:

Hero Hues Snow Folded Cards
Martha Stewart Punches Medium Classic Butterfly
Martha Stewart Punches Medium Classic 3 in 1 Butterfly
American Crafts Knock Outs - Scallop Hearts
My Mind's Eye - Miss Caroline Collection Dilly Dally Up - 6 x 6 Paper Pad
My Mind;s Eye - Howdy Doody 6x6
My Mind's Eye 6x6 Fiddlesticks Paper Pad Miss Caroline
American Crafts Cute Daydreams Small Clear Stamp
Zing embossing powder: White


I simply stamped out the hearts and cut them to look like balloons, later attached some Bakers Twine and gathered them together using a masking tape. A very simple card!

Supplies Used:

Hero Hues: Punch Folded cards
Amy Tangerine Sketchbook Paper Pad 6"x6"
American Crafts Cute Daydreams Small Clear Stamp
American Crafts - Pebbles - Country Picnic Collection - Embossed Stickers - Masking Tape
American Crafts Amy Tangerine Lovely Straw Foam Rubber Thickers
My Mind's Eye - Follow Your Heart - Be Happy - Twine



A simple baby card using some American Crafts Pop! micro beads and Wow! glitter powder. If you guys have never tried Wow! extra fine glitter powder yet then I must say you are missing out on something. I've tried so many brands of glitter but this beats them all. I am in love with it.. Its like adding powdered rhinestones to your project.. it has this jewel like quality. I also sprinkled some glitter on microbeads to get some shimmer on them too.

Supplies Used:

Hero Hues Latte Folded cards
Inkessentials Surfaces Manila Craft Tag
My Mind's Eye - Miss Caroline Collection Dolled Up - 6 x 6 Paper Pad
American Crafts Pop! Microbeads: Lipgloss
American Crafts Wow! Glitter: Extra Fine: Bubblegum
Elements Glitter Buttons
My Mind's eye - Miss Caroline - Like - Twine
American Crafts Amy Tangerine Lovely Straw Foam Rubber Thickers
American Crafts Precision Pen


I've used soft pastel colors on this one. The butterflies are stamped and heat embossed on colored card stock with white embossing powder. I wanted the card to look like a photo frame so I cut out the center of the card and stuck a white card stock behind with a double sided foam tape. I wrote 'Baby' with glue and then poured some glitter powder on it.. How cute is that?


Look how sparkly they are!!!

Supplies used:

Hero Hues Snow Folded Cards
My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Favourite Stamp Set
American Crafts - Pebbles - Country Picnic Collection - Embossed Stickers - Masking Tape
Dear Lizzy Neapolitan Tile Letters Stickers Ballerina
American Crafts Wow! Glitter: Extra Fine: Bubblegum
Zing embossing powder: White

Hope these cards inspire you to enter our challenge this month.

That's all folks!

Until next time!
- Shruti



 

3 comments:

  1. I loved all the cards... different and pretty... and great use of different color palettes...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the cards are really wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  3. All are so so cute!! The PPs are gorgeous and beautifully used!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.