Tuesday, 16 October 2012

With Lotsa Love - Card making tutorial

Heya Crafters!
This is Shruti here. I made a fun card today and I thought I'd share a step by step tutorial on how I did it. When I was halfway through this card I thought it kind of looked like a donut. hehehe.. What do you guys think?


Start by using a white cardstock. I used the Hero Arts Water Color paper in Bright White for the card as I knew I would be distressing it later.


Fold it into half


Use a circle cutter to cut out a perfect circle. I used the Martha Stewart circle cutter at 4 7/8 inches to cut out a perfect circle. I love my MS circle cutter and am obsessed with it!!!!



Distress it with Mustard Seed on the outer edges of the circle.


Then cut out a small circle (2 7/8th inches) with the cutter from the center and distress it with Victorian Velvet distress ink. I use a double sided tape to hold the card down while distressing.

Doesn't it not look like a donut now? :P



Cut out a piece of acetate sheet to cover the hole in the center with a double sided sticky red tape.


Now, emboss the jar image on a pattern paper with white embossing powder.



Tie a twine around its neck and glue it down using a red sticky tape.


Punch out little hearts..



and fill the jar with them.

I dipped the edges of the card in a white ink pad.



Finish it by tying a ribbon on top and of course a butterfly *winks*


There you have it.. a donut card for your loved one With lotsa love! ;)

Supplies used: 

Inks: Distress inks in Mustard Seed and Victorian Velvet, Color Box ink pad in White, Color Box ink pad in Red
Acetate Sheet
Ribbons

Until next time!

- Shruti

4 comments:

  1. Donut card.... whyyyy... I don't like donuts but me loves the card... your mastery over your cutting is brilliant.. tejal and saumya will love this card for it has donuts... :P.. and what awesome distressing you do girl.. Wow...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..What a cute card! .. Super Loved the hearts jar :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute cardd!!! i love donut s:D :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.