Friday, 28 December 2012

December kit - Gesso and Crafter's Workshop template tutorial

Hi all... Donna here for another tutorial for you.

Been looking for gesso in this part of the world where I am at right now - in Hail, Saudi Arabia. There's only a couple of big bookstores here and craft stuff that I often use are very hard to find. SO imagine my excitement when finally I found one! :)

Take a look on how I used gesso on this particular layout I created with the December kit, Ring in the new.

I chose a printed paper for my background. I wanted to achieve a faded background effect.
 

I used sponge for spreading the gesso. The template I used here is the Crafter's workshop 6x6 Cosmic Swirl.



Do this all over the background paper as you can see below. Let the gesso dry completely. Cut four strips of paper and adhere it like so.


Use WOW! Glitter and Pop! Microbeads on the Maya Road Half Circle banner chipboard. I painted the scalloped chipboard first with white paint and inked the half circle with Prima Ink in Ladybug before adhering the glitters and microbeads on the chipboard. Place it as seen in the image.


You can now start designing your page. I built my background with strips of papers under the photos as you can see in the image below.

And this is the final layout after creating the title and designing the rest of the page.


That's it... hope you will get inspired by this simple tutorial I prepared. Link us up when you try this one! We'd love to see :)

Materials used:



3 comments:

  1. Lovely layout ! I liked the background created with gesso .Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one...Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.