Monday, 10 December 2012

December kit - Ring in the new

Hi folks! Donna here to share with you my creations using the yummylicious December kit, Ring in the new!


Christmas is my favorite season. I love the preparation, the decorating, wrapping gifts, the rush... I miss it so much since I came here in Saudi Arabia. So since I don't have any family pictures with my mother, siblings and their wives and children, I made one layout representing each of my siblings.

First is this layout about my Christmas last year.....

Not your typical Christmas layout nor Christmas picture. This is about how I spent my Christmas in a hospital when I was scheduled to have a D & C procedure on the eve of Christmas.

I traced and cut the Crafter's workshop 6x6 Mini Cosmic Swirl template and fuzzy cut the Chevron 12x12 paper by MME.

A tag hidden for the journaling underneath the The Sweetest Thing Love paper by MME

Second layout is about my youngest brother, his wife and little daughter...

Here I used gesso on the Crafter's workshop 6x6 mini cosmic swirl template and sprinkled Wow! Silver glitter while still wet. I love the Artisan Resistable Hearts by Pink Paislee. I just rubbed distress ink using a foam and the pattern showed through so beautifully. Love the effect!

Third and last layout is my page for my middle brother with his wife, children and our mother who is with him in Singapore....

I used double-sided tape to adhere the glitter and the microbeads onto the chipboard shapes. Layered small strips of Echo Park This & That Plaid and Dots paper. And yes, that's my handwriting on the title there, used  AC precision pen to write first and then a widen the stroke with my trusted Sakura aqualip pen.

I also made cards...




and some ornaments (using digital templates/cutting files by Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs)



Hope you had fun checking out my projects as much as I made them! :)

Materials used:
- All from the December kit, Ring in the new, except My Mind's Eye Winter Wonderland Decorative tape, twine/red glittery crepe paper/red brad/chenille stems - from my stash)
- AC Knock outs basic scallop border punch
- AC Crafts tacky tape
- AC This to that foam tape
- Distress Ink
- Prima Ingrid Bolme Chalk fluid edger
- Crafter's Workshop 6x6 Mini cosmic swirl template
- Ranger Stickles glitter glue

Thank you for dropping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.