Thursday, 21 February 2013

Celebrate Everyday


Hello everyone, Marina is here with the second post for Celebrate Life

Today I would like to share with you Title page of my Project Life 2013 and a couple of spreads I created so far. 





The Title Page is very simple, I loved the papers I used from 6x6 Splendid Collection by Authentique with a very warm country feel to it. Alpha stickers are Musa Thickers by Amy Tangerine.

January is a very busy month for me because of my son’s birthday.  I decided to create simple scrapbooking page to make it special (right side of the spread). I  used 6x6 Paper Pad “A boy’s Life” by EP, Borders and Alpha stickers from Tox Box Collection by Crate Paper, Wood Buttons by Dear Lizzy and Wood Veneer stars by Studio Calico (full list of supplies used in the end of the post). It took me 5 minutes to put it all together - all the papers and stickers are well coordinated.

As I mentioned in my first post I do not dedicate spreads strictly to 1 week time. I do it as things happen, so here is a good example - my spread holds memories of 2 days only.







Another spread contains my son's art work.

There is a picture of the quilt I made for my son's school auction on the left bottom corner. The initial picture was busy with lots of colors and things. I edited it using my favorite technique of desaturating the background and leaving the quilt in color to keep it in the focus on the busy background. And today I would share this technique with you.














Selective desaturation of background on busy photos technique. 


I used Photoshop Elements 9 to edit my photo (similar steps in Photoshop).


1. Open your picture in your program.
File > Open















2. Create second layer of your image using combination of Ctrl + J











3. Have Layer 1 selected. Go to Enhance > Convert to black and white (Alt+Ctrl+B).  Press OK. In Photoshop go to Image > Adjustments > Desaturate ( Shift + Ctrl + U).











4. Choose Eraser Tool.


















5. Right click on the image and choose 300 pcs soft brush.














6. Erase the area of the black and white image to reveal color of image beneath. You could reduce size of the brush if area is small or has intricate shape.












7. Save your image File > Save As   choosing JPEG option in the dialog box.

8. You are done..










I hope this tutorial was helpful to you, if you have any questions, please ask. I will be very happy to help,

till next time,

all the best,
Marina..


Materials used:









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.