Monday, 11 February 2013

Tutorial Monday: Decoupage Tag


Good Morning, crafters! Yes, its time for a fun tutorial! :)

I had bought a decoupage medium from an art store not very long ago.. and have been wanting to give it a go!

So here is what I made..


A pretty little LOVE tag! :)

So.. for those who are interested in knowing how I made this tag.. hop on to the tutorial!


I used the Inkssentials Surfaces Manila Craft Tag for this project. This particular one in the size #8.



And I've used this MME stamp set from Miss Caroline Story collection for this tag. How pretty is this stamp set?!!


I used my new stamp pad for this project.. the Hero Arts Shadow Ink in Butter Bar mid-tone. I think this color really compliments the soft color of the tag.


I stamped the flower on to the bottom of the tag overlapping each other using the masking technique. What I did was, I stamped the image onto a masking tape.. cut out the shape.. and then placed it on an already stamped flower...  Later.. I went ahead and stamped another flower overlapping it.. Its one of my favorite techniques!


I then fuzzy cut the bottom of the tag..


I also randomly stamped little flowers on the tag, from the same stamp set.

Now.. lets get on to the FUN part! :)



I used the Daler and Rowney decoupage medium and some yellow wool felt to create a rough and glossy texture to the tag. This particular medium dries glossy which gives the tag a very pretty finish.



(sorry for the messy hands!! :P)

I first brushed enough decoupage medium on to the tag and then randomly spread and placed the wool felt on top.. Later I put another coat of the medium on top of the wool. Since the Inkssentials Surfaces Manila Craft Tag is pretty tough and heavyweight it stands up to all wet techniques and does not leave behind bubbles.. which is why I just love this craft tag! :)

Give it enough time to dry.. I used my heat tool to help the medium dry quick.


I stamped the same flowers and fussy cut them to give my card a three dimensional effect.


Howzzat look?? :) Am liking it so far..


The swirls again are from the same stamp set that I stamped and fussy cut.


Add some pearls and a sentiment.. and there you go.. my tag is ready!

Easy peasy, eh! :)

I hope you like this fun tutorial.. if you do then do drop in some love in the comments below.

Until next time..

Love,
Shruti

Supplies used:

6 comments:

  1. pretty... Love the colors and this is kinda cool.. I have yet to give decoupage a go... Maybe now I will!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its very beautiful and lot of work .done neatly .love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very refreshing ....thanks for sharing the tutorial.i would love if PPS can add more tutorials about how to use the products in their shop.i have never used stamps till date and didnt know how to use them,but nw after looking at the this tutorial atleast i have an idea how it works and what else is required along with it to use the product.thanks.
    Triza.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ! What a bright and fresh color ! I loved the tag ..thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved it! The masking technique which I was unaware of looks so pretty and is actually so easyyy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) Thanks Girls! Am glad you found this tutorial useful!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.