Thursday, 7 March 2013

Celebrate Everyday


Hi everyone!! Marina is here..

I would like to show you today my Project Life spread and share the process of creating monthly dividers..

So, this spread contains memories of almost 2 weeks of our life with an insert of my sons 5th birthday interview.















 I loved using strips stickers from Crate Paper Borders "Toy Box Collection" on the journaling cards. Fast and cheerful just as I like it!.



On the right side I used alpha stickers from Echo Park "A Boy's Life". Loved as well using red paper from "A Boy's Life" 6x6 paper pad with letters all over it for my son's funny favorite word-expression at the moment.

I am being greatly inspired by Ali Edwards "A conversation with Simon". The idea is to ask the child about 20 questions and record the answers. And to repeat it every year. So I started interviewing my son last year just after his 4th birthday. And this year we've done his second interview. I will keep it as a good tradition. It is so interesting to see, how his answers changing over time.

So here it is:


I created a list of questions in the Word document  as a template. I asked my son the questions and added the answers to that document. Later I created layout  in the Photoshop to control how the text is positioned. I am sure Word could be used as well for this purpose, I just feel more comfortable using Photoshop. I printed it on the trimmed to size "Linen Paper" from  My Mind's Eye All is bright collection.  I used strips stickers from Crate Paper Borders "Toy Box Collection", Wood Veneer Star from Studio Calico I colored with Copic Markers, Dear Lizzy Buttons, star stickers from My Mind's Eye "All is bright" collection, alpha stickers from  Echo Park "A Boy's Life" and the photo of my son to decorate the printed layout.




And today I would like to describe how I make monthly dividers for my PL.



All the tools and materials needed are shown on the picture below:

















1. Laminator.
2. Laminating film A4 size.
3. Paper trimmer.
4. Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper from We are Memory Keepers.
5. Off cuts of 6x6 paper pad papers, which are left after cutting it to 6x4 size for title cards.
6. 1 and 3/4 inch circle punch from Paper Shapers.
7. One hole punch.
8. Pen.
9. Wide double sided tape.
10. Black water resistant ink.
11. Letter stamps.


The process:

1. Run one laminating film through the laminator (without anything inside the film). It will become rigid.
2. Cut this rigid sheet in half using paper trimmer.
3. Round right corners using Corner Chomper.
4. Mark the holes with a pen and punch them using hole punch.
5. Pick the desired papers. Apply wide double sided tape on it.
6. Punch the circles out of paper with tape. To control which part of the design you are punching hold the punch upside down. So after doing this you will have multiple circle paper stickers.
7. Pick one of the paper circles, remove backing paper and stick it on your top short side of the divider, positioning the sticker in the horizontal center and vertically the way that 1/3of the top of circle is  sticking out of the divider and 2/3 of the bottom of the sticker is on the divider.
8. Pick another circle, remove backing and stick it on the back of the already adhered circle thus creating the sandwich : front paper circle + divider + back paper circle.
9. Press sandwich with your fingers firmly to make sure it is stuck well.
10. Stamp the month on the front circle.

And you are done!!




















I hope you find this post helpful, in case you have the questions, please ask, I will be more than happy to help.

Have a great creative day everyone, see ya..


Materials used:

Echo Park "A Boy's Life" 6x6 paper Pad

My Mind's Eye "All is Bright" collection





2 comments:

  1. Think this is an excellent post Marina!
    Love your layouts!
    I particularly liked the photo showing all the materials needed though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.