Thursday, 28 March 2013

Celebrate everyday



Hello dear crafters, Marina is here.. I hope everyone is enjoying the spring time and a wonderful weather outside..

Today I would like to share with you 2 Project Life spreads and Photoshop Actions I use for my photos..


It was a very busy week for me and I had to make my Project Life spreads in speedy mode.. I loved using 6x6 paper pads and letter stickers. They make life so much easier.. Normally I would arrange photos, title and journaling cards first and I would write the little stories/ text while waiting for my son at football or in the carpool. I do not like wasting my time and this way it works very well for me.


 I love including unexpected photos like that one with tooth brushes.. Looks like not a big deal but we have a story behind it and it is worth recording as a part of our life today.. As well as a view from the back on my table at ARTe and my thoughts while I was sitting there and thinking..




On the picture with "Up, Up " words my son is on the most top of the tree.. When I found him there I did not know what to do first  - to scream with the horror that he is gonna fall down or to grab a camera and take a photo.. I chose second. Luckily he managed to go down by himself without any problem..

On the above layout I used Amy Tangerine Calendar Stamp Set highlighting the date with the marker the photo was take. I used papers and stickers from the new collection Park Bench by Fancy Pants Designs..


Some close ups..










 Photoshop actions.


Today I would like to share with you my favorite tool to improve or edit my photos. I do not have a fancy camera, which would allow me to take great pictures. Sometimes even with great camera it is not that easy to catch the feel of what is happening.. In such cases I do use Adobe Photoshop and Pioneer Woman's actions, which are super popular and  FREE as well... There are 2 sets of the actions. Have a look:



Set 1.
1. A photo straight from the camera.
2. Slight Lighten
3. Slight Sharpen
4. Quick Edge Burn
5. Fresh & Colorful
6. Lovely And Ethereal
7. B&W Beauty
8. PW's B&W
9. Soft And Faded
10. Vintage
11. Boost
12. Define And Sharpen 







Set 2.
1. Seventies
2. Colorized
3. Sunshine
4. Heartland
5. Sepia Tone
6. Warmer
7. Cooler
8. Dim the Lights
9. Bring On The Eyes!
10. Sharpen This


















My favorites are: Fresh & Colorful, Lovely And Ethereal, Soft And Faded, Bring On The Eyes! and Sharpen This! (depends on which effect I wish to achieve..). You could apply one action on the top of another, you could reduce effect by reducing the opacity level.. How to use  Bring On The Eyes! and Sharpen This is explained very well on Pioneer Woman's website. (She is great, check up her stuff!).. Actions could be found and downloaded  here (part 1) and here (part 2)



To use these actions you would need Adobe Photoshop. How to install actions you could find here.

I hope you are getting inspired to record your day-to-day life and preserve those little precious moments of now. Would be great to hear your thoughts about it.. I wish you a very happy Easter holidays and I will see you later.. Thanks for stopping by..

Bye-bye,
Marina




Materials used:



1 comment:

  1. Great post, Marina! And I use those freebies as well! :) A LOT! hehe Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.