Sunday, 17 March 2013

March Challenge: Color Palette Layouts

Source

Hiya people!

Shruti here.. How is everyone liking our new challenge?! I hope you all are having FUN!

I am here to inspire you with some layouts I made using the color theme of the month.

Let me first start off with my very first layout.

That’s my beautiful little niece Kiara! The first photo was taken when she was just two hours old! :) How cute is she?! I just love her to bits! I wanted to make a very colorful layout for her.. so I decided to edit my photos a bit and make them a bit pale so they stand out in midst of the colorful background.


I cut out her name by running a Hero Hues Daffodil Layering Paper through my Silhouette Cameo.. and later used the Tattered Angel’s Turquoise Blue Glimmer Mist.. which am currently obsessed with! The soft colors of the beautiful butterfly garland goes just perfect with my layout.



The lace background as well as the butterfly were cut using my Cameo again using the Hero Hues Daffodil Layering Paper.. I’ve used multiple mists on them to go with the color theme.. I even splattered some around the layout.

Supplies used:

On to the second layout


I’ve literally played with my mists on this layout. I simply love how colorful this layout is. I started out using some watercolors in the background.. and once I had my pattern papers and embellies in place.. I went crazy using my mists all over the layout.


Of course, I had to use my Cameo to cut the sentiments and leaves... *winks*

Supplies used:
And my last layout..


On this one I decided to go with a lot of layering. 




That doily you see on the layout.. My Cameo cut that too!! How cool is it?! Yes.. I know am obsessed! *winks* 



The bloom used in the center is from Pink Paislee Artisan Flowers set.. I later misted some Tattered Angle mist in Meadow Green on it. I think these flowers will look even more prettier by using not one but multiple colors on it.. but for now.. I decided to go for one.. :)



Supplies used:


Thats all folks!!

Love,
-Shruti
---
A summary of what you have to do: 
Make a Scrapbook Page or a Card or an Altered Project with the above Color Palette

Your work has to be new: made after this challenge went live
Be a member of our Facebook Group and share your project in our album March Challenge: Color Palette 
Projects that are not shared in the specified album will be disqualified

Follow us on Blogger and Like us on Facebook
You can participate in this challenge only once
Deadline: March 31, 2013
Prize: AED 25 Gift Voucher to the Store

3 comments:

  1. Love all the colors and playfulness of your layouts, Shruti! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layouts are unbelievable, Shruti!!.. Especially 2-nd, 3-rd and .. 1-st!!.. They are all just superb!! Colors and composition!!! Congrats!! Going straight to my inspiration library!!..

    ReplyDelete
  3. These layouts are gorgeous Shruti. Just love the colour choices and the photos you have used!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.