Sunday, 24 March 2013

March Challenge: Color Palette Layouts - Donna's take

Hi all!
Donna here sharing with you some inspiration for this month's challenge which is a wonderful yummy color palette.

First off is this layout I created with Chanelle's (my niece) 2nd birthday party pictures. I wasn't there to celebrate with her but I sent my love by creating her invites, tarpaulin and favor/ty tags.

I cutout the letters and images in one of the pattern papers and adhered on the base of my layout. Then I sprayed some mists and brushed thin coat of gesso over it. Then sprayed some mists again. I did this because my photos are quite colorful already so to make it still stand out, I tamed down the colors of my background.

Materials used:
October Afternoon Cakewalk collection (papers only)
Hero Arts Light Green Accent Pearls
Hero Arts Pink Accent Pearls
Crate Paper - Random Collection alpha labels cardstock stickers
Dear Lizzy Neopolitan Title Stickers Parakeet
October Afternoon Sidewalk Word Stickers
American Crafts Amy Tangerine Lovely Straw Foam Rubber Stickers 
Authentique Diction Stickers
AC knock-outs notebook border punch
AC Stone cardstock
Studio Gesso
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists Turquoise Blue
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists Pink Bubblegum
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists Silver Sugar
Adhesives

Now on to the second layout. I scrapped a page about my friends' surprise cake on my birthday. This was taken after I almost had a heart attack when I found them in our bedroom with the lights out, literally shouted at me a very loud "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" Oh my God we were laughing SO hard after that. My hubby was an accomplice too!

Again, I used gesso and mists in this layout. I cutout the strips of the pattern papers and used decorative scissors to cut the top edge. I layered my photos and some embellishments on an oval-shaped corrugated board, painted with gesso and sprayed with some glimmer mists. In mind are layers of a cake which is the focal story of my layout.

Materials used:

October Afternoon Cakewalk collection (papers only)
Hero Arts Pink Accent Pearls
AC Stone cardstock
American Crafts Amy Tangerine Lovely Straw Foam Rubber Stickers 
Authentique Diction Stickers
Studio Gesso
Finding Nana Memory Flairs
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists Turquoise Blue
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists Pink Bubblegum
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists Silver Sugar
Adhesives
AC Precision Pen
Paper twine


And last but not the least, is this layout about the gifts of my wonderful hubby on my birthday. He surprised me with a watch and then unexpectedly bought me a new wedding ring (new, because I lost my old wedding ring, long story) and one silver ring (so we have the same since he cannot wear a gold one). Not included is my new cellphone, which I used to take these Instagram photos :)

For this layout, I mixed the gesso and glimmer mist to color my base cardstock. Then I adhered the strips of papers directly using the remaining gesso-glimmer mists mixture. Then I stamped randomly on the cardstock using one the half doily stamp of MME's Story clear stamp (Miss Caroline). I also used the backing paper of the Pink Paislee Portfolio frames.

Materials used:
October Afternoon Cakewalk collection (papers only)
Hero Arts Pink Accent Pearls
AC Amy Tangerine Thickers Daily Three
Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic Accents and Phrases sticker sheet
AC Vanilla cardstock
Authentique Diction Stickers
Studio Gesso
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists Turquoise Blue
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists Pink Bubblegum
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists Silver Sugar
My Mind's Eye Story clear stamp set - Miss Caroline
Prima Ingvild Bolme Chalk Fluid Liner - Lime Pie
Prima Ingvild Bolme Chalk Fluid Liner - Bule Jay
AC Knockouts Starte kit
Adhesives
Pink Paislee Portfolio photo frames
AC Precision Pen
Paper twine

Hope you get inspired! Can't wait to see your take on this month's challenge :)
Thanks for dropping by!

---
A summary of what you have to do: 
Make a Scrapbook Page or a Card or an Altered Project with the above Color Palette

Your work has to be new: made after this challenge went live
Be a member of our Facebook Group and share your project in our album March Challenge: Color Palette 
Projects that are not shared in the specified album will be disqualified

Follow us on Blogger and Like us on Facebook
You can participate in this challenge only once
Deadline: March 31, 2013
Prize: AED 25 Gift Voucher to the Store

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.