Sunday, 3 March 2013

March Challenge: Colour Palette

Hello everyone - it's me again - and today I am announcing the March Challenge!
You need to make a scrapbook page / a card / an altered project using this beautiful colour palette!

Source
Think peach and turquoise, bright poppies - pink, green, mint, aqua...
Think Spring, Easter...

Again I have made 4 cards to fit the theme.
 I will provide a tutorial next week to show you how to do the one at top right. 
The first three all use ready folded card blanks.


Card # 1 is triple stamped again. Any stamp lends itself to this simple technique. 
Here I have used a clothes peg stamp. The yellow matting paper is Hero Arts Layering Paper.
Added embellishments are twine, tiny clothes pegs and a tag.


Card #2 (and this is my favourite of this set and the one for which I will provide a tutorial) again uses embellishments but the two crafted items involves a variety of techniques. Using a brayer I applied pink ink to a strip of white card, the same height as the card base, and another small piece for behind my main motif. I then overstamped the strip with a rose stamp in a darker pink and distressed the edges. The main image was embossed using Versamark and pink embossing powder. It was then painted using ink from my ink pads.


Card # 3 also uses 'emboss resist' for the two hearts. For this technique a 'negative image stamp' is required. I used a Hero Arts one, stamping with Versamark and then using blue embossing powder. The image was then painted using inks from my ink pads. I then cut out two hearts. The sentiment was also embossed in blue. The background paper and matting papers are from a My Mind's Eye paper pad with the background distressed on the edges with Ranger 'cough syrup' ink. I also added some twine.


Card # 4 is more of a paper crafting exercise. I have made this style several times but colour choices means a different look every time. There are three photos - the front, the back and when it is opened. I have used here papers from the Howdy Doody Paper Pad and embellishments. The base card is Hero Arts layering paper in Daffodil. This card involves using a scoring board - I have a Score-Pal but the MS Scoring Board would be equally brilliant.




I hope these ideas will inspire you!
Happy Crafting!
Sue

Materials Used:
Stamps

Card Blanks and Envelopes

Papers

Embellishments

Inks
Brayer


--
A summary of what you have to do: 
Make a Scrapbook Page or a Card or an Altered Project with the above Color Palette

Your work has to be new: made after this challenge went live
Be a member of our Facebook Group and share your project in our album March Challenge: Color Palette 
Projects that are not shared in the specified album will be disqualified

Follow us on Blogger and Like us on Facebook
You can participate in this challenge only once
Deadline: March 31, 2013
Prize: AED 25 Gift Voucher to the Store

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards. Brilliant idea on the first one. The second is gorgeous, love the CAS design. Love the papers you have used on the hearts and the sentiment on the third, and the fourth one is just so different, and love the paper you have used inside it

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all fabulous and love the different styles too. The colour pallete you have gone with is stunning.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.