Monday, 25 March 2013

Photo Tutorial: Boxed Rectangle Envelope featuring Martha Stewart Score Board



Good Morning!

Happy Monday, ladies! Hope you all had a lovely weekend. :)

This is Shruti here and am going to share with you girls a quick tutorial on how to make a boxed envelope using your Martha Stewart score board. To be honest, I am really bad when it comes to making envelopes except this particular one! Most of the cards I make require a boxed envelope due to all the embellishments I use on them.. I am sure there may be many ways to make a boxed envelope but this is how I do it.. :)



This is how my boxed envelope looks like with a card inside.. Cute, eh?! This particular envelop holds a rectangular or an oval card. The card I made here is measured 5.5 x 4 inches

Now, lets get on to the tutorial..

Step 1:
Cut a card stock to 8.25 inches square. Now place it along your envelope maker like so..




Step 2:
Score the card stock at 3 inch mark on the envelop maker

Step 3:
Score the card stock again.. this time at 2 and 5/8th inch. The width of the envelope depends on how thick your handmade card

Step 4: 
Now rotate the card stock at 180 degrees and repeat the same step on the that side.

Step 5:
Now rotate the card stock at 90 degrees and score it at 3 5/8 inches on the envelope maker

Step 6:
Now score the same side again at 3 1/6 inches

 Step 7:
Repeat the same step on the other side as well.

 Step 8:
Cut off the overlapping score line.

Step 9:
Now you can start embellishing your envelope before you glue them together. I decided to use my Martha Stewart circle cutter to cut a circle in the center.


 The circle is measured at 3 1/2 inches.

Step 10:
Now put the envelope together using glue or a double sided tape and your envelope is DONE!



I decided to go ahead and embellish my envelope further so I cut out some circle frames using my Silhouette Cameo.


I used my favorite mist from Tattered Angels to color the frame.

I dabbed the excess mist using a tissue and later dried it using my heat gun.

 As for the simple circle frame I colored it using the Stazon ink in black.

 Put them together and viola! your pretty envelope is ready!




Thats all folks!

Hope you find this tutorial useful!

Love,
Shruti

Supplies:


8 comments:

  1. WOw ! Very nice tutorial ! I loved the idea to have window in envelop .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love MS score board..it just so amazing!.. We make all our boxes using it :)!

    www.facebook.com/craftstruck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tute and a pretty card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card and a lovely tute!....Thank you so much for sharing..WiIl have to go this a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice tute Shruti. It's really useful for cards with embellishments..

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.