Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Product Spotlight: Mists



Hi folks! This month's product spotlight is about Mists. I'm gonna show just some of the many misting techniques out there.

This first thing I tried is misting over several layers of different color mists... the picture doesn't give justice but this tag has some super fine glittery effect in real... love it...

Then I tried misting over some objects, like these wood veneer hexagon shapes from Studio Calico

some  paper doilies
also used a Crafter's workshop template. I simply misted on the template with this one.


I tried adding texture...from this (mists+template/stencil+gesso)


to this...

I also recolored some alphas...from this

to this...

and a bonus!


also tried on a white satin ribbon... I first misted with a light color and later on decided on a darker one.


 the ribbon is still wet when I took this picture...


the color turned a bit lighter after it has dried...


this one turned out pretty nice. I just blotted on the surface I used for matting and this happened.


There are still a lot of techniques out there when it comes to using Mists. It's such a fun and creative way of adding wonderful colors to your projects.

Hope you like my post! Have a great day!
Donna

Materials used:

6 comments:

  1. Awesome!! :) I especially loved what you did with the alphas..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow !! loved the different tehniques you have shown using mist ...I am so tempted to get a few for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome !love the techniques you shared.thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Donna! love the effect on the alphass, the ribbion and also loved the textured tag!! shall something soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.