Monday, 29 April 2013

Tutorial Monday: A Layout in the Making

Hi! Donna here sharing with you how I created one of my pages for this month of April.

Because my focal photos were not colorful, patterns and colors are what I had in mind when I created this page to make the photos stand out.

We'll layer colors and patterns and think how to make it work. I'v always love the chevron pattern, so that's where I started first.

Use glimmer mist on the background first. Wait for it to dry and then adhere your patter papers.

Start to play with patterns....
Then some colors and texture...
Lately, I love the fringed look and that's what I did in the pink patter paper. I bought my fringe scissors in a store for cooking utensils! I don't know why it's there, maybe for baking? I don't have any idea but I just bought it! :D
Then I added the yellow washi tapes in between the spaces as seen in the image.

Adhere the strips alternating colors and patterns...
Set your title at the top part of the photos. Recolor the thickers with yellow Prima ink to match the look of your page.
Add some chipboard and stickers for little details...
Let's not forget a journalling spot...
and after some more tweaks and re-arranging of embellishments, here's what you'll end up with.
Hope you liked my tutorial! Thanks for dropping by!

Materials used:
Amy Tangerine Yes, Please Commit patterned paper
Amy Tangerine Yes, Please Share patterned paper
Amy Tangerine Yes, Please Consistent patterned paper
Studio Calico here and there Savannah patterned paper
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Lavender Fields
American Crafts Precision Pen (black)
October Afternoon Sidewalks Chip 'n Stick

2 comments:

  1. woooooooooooooooooooow.. such a great layout ready in few mins. awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.