Monday, 1 April 2013

April Challenge: Anything first

Hi folks! Donna here to introduce to you our birthday month's challenge - "ANYTHING FIRST"

And I've created some layouts to inspire you!

First off is this page about our first trip to Riyadh (hubby and I went to the Philippine embassy in Riyadh for my passport renewal). I didn't bring my big girl cam, just used my phone cam to capture our Riyadh escapade.

For the background, I mixed glimmer mists with gesso (my favorite thing to do so far, obviously). I brushed the mixture in the middle of the cardstock and just spread it with my popsicle stick (or if you have a spatula, much better I think). After the mixture dried down, I adhered my pictures and the small pieces of papers I cut from one of the Amy Tan Yes, Please pattern papers. Decided to doodle around the photos to give emphasis to them over the light colored background. Then I did the borders of paper strips and washi tapes. Last to add were the embellishments.
Materials used:
Amy Tangerine Yes, Please Commit pattern paper
Amy Tangerine Yes, Please Share pattern paper
Amy Tangerine Yes, Please Consistent pattern paper
American Crafts ROBIN cardstock
Echo Park Paper Sweet Girl Washi Tape
Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic Accents and Phrases stickers
Studio Calico here and there Savannah pattern paper
Studio Calico Snippets Chipboard Speech Bubbles
October Afternoon Midway alpha stickers
Create Paper random collection alpha label stickers
Dear Lizzy Neopolitan Title Stickers Parakeet
Gesso
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Turquoise Blue
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Lavender Fields
American Crafts Precision Pen (black)


Second is this layout, about my very first DSLR, a gift from my wonderful and thoughtful husband, a year after I came here in Saudi Arabia to be with him.

I created a photo tutorial for this particular page so stay tuned for that!

Materials used:
Amy Tangerine Yes, Please Commit pattern paper
Amy Tangerine Yes, Please Share pattern paper
Amy Tangerine Yes, Please Consistent pattern paper

Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Lavender Fields
American Crafts Precision Pen (black)

October Afternoon Sidewalks Chip 'n Stick

Hope you get inspired and do join us this month in celebrating Pretty Paper Studio's FIRST BIRTHDAY!
Happy crafting!

---

A summary of what you have to do: 
Make a Scrapbook Page or a Card or an Altered Project with the theme "ANYTHING FIRST"

Your work has to be new: made after this challenge went live
Be a member of our Facebook Group and share your project in our album April Challenge: Anything first  
Projects that are not shared in the specified album will be disqualified

Follow us on Blogger and Like us on Facebook
You can participate in this challenge only once
Deadline: April 30, 2013
Prize: AED 25 Gift Voucher to the Store

5 comments:

  1. Can we participate in multiple challenges?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI LAVINA AGARWAL, THANKS FOR CHECKING OUT OUR BLOG AND CHALLENGE! :)
    YOU CAN USE YOUR PAGE FOR MULTIPLE CHALLENGES, NO ISSUES WITH US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there and thank you for your info – I've certainly picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical issues using this website, since I experienced to reload the website lots of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I'm complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will sometimes affect your
    placement in google and could damage your high quality score
    if advertising and marketing with Adwords.
    Anyway I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for much more of your respective fascinating
    content. Make sure you update this again soon.

    my blog: Minecraft 1.5 Lets Play

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there colleagues, how is all, and what you wish for to say concerning this paragraph,
    in my view its truly awesome in support of me.

    Also visit my site - Path of Exile Solo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, i think that i saw you viѕіtеd my websitе so i сame to
    “return the favor”.I am attemptіng to find things to enhance
    my wеbsitе!Ӏ suppose its ok tο usе a few оf your ideas!
    !

    Visit my web-ѕitе; Bauchmuskeltraining

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.