Monday, 6 May 2013

Tutorial: Anything with flowers and ribbons - Donna's take


Hi all! Donna here to share with you a layout I created for this month's challenge: "Anything with flowers and ribbons."

I also prepared a step-by-step on how I came up with my layout, hope you like it!

1. Choose a patterned paper with flower/floral prints. This is one of my favorite papers in the On Trend collection by Crate Paper.

2. Cut small and big-sized pennants/banners from various patterned papers. I LOVE animal prints! Still one of my favorites!
3. Spray some glimmer mist on your background paper/base cardstock and arrange the papers like so.
4. I don't usually adhere stuff yet until I like or know how they would look like when layered together.
5. Now to make the flowers pop even more, I created these flowers using the black gesso and Studio Calico  stencils which I always grab lately. I just love the small circles it creates on the background. 
Since I don't have a circle cutter, I used these to draw small and big circles on the stenciled cardstock
6. Fold, cut and snip to make the flower, as seen in the image below. Then use to mat the On Trend paper flowers. Love the added effect!
7. I also used one of the ribbons in the Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm collection. Just adhere it at the back of each flowers.
8. Layer and adhere everything in place. I scattered enamel dots and then brushed some watercolors on the stenciled parts to make it pop a bit more. 

I hope you got inspired by my page! Do join us in this month's challenge! Thanks!

Materials used:
Crate Paper On Trend 12x12 collection pack
Crate Paper On Trend paper flowers
Crate Paper On Trend Fabric Flower Embellishment
American Craft cardstock
Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm ribbon pack
Authentique Diction sticker
Dear Lizzy Neopolitan title stickers Parakeet
Maya Road Trinket pins - hearts
My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Dolled up Princess Layered stickers
My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing Enamel Dots
American Crafts Precision Pen
Mister Huey Mask - Bubbles
Studio Gesso white
Studio Gesso black
Paper twine


------
A summary of what you have to do: 
Make a Scrapbook Page or a Card or an Altered Project with "Flowers and Ribbons"
Your work has to be new: made after this challenge went live
Be a member of our Facebook Group and share your project in our album May Challenge: Flowers and Ribbons
Projects that are not shared in the specified album will be disqualified
Follow us on Blogger and Like us on Facebook
You can participate in this challenge only once
Deadline: May 31, 2013
Prize: A prize pack put together by PPS

7 comments:

  1. WOw ! Fab layout ! I loved the flowers a lot and thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i like this sis..nice.. pretty layout..

    ReplyDelete
  3. so..so..good..in love with it..wonderfull..!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful lay out donna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg.. I just love love all the colors blend in and make this layout so aesthetic! :) You are the best, DOnna!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Shruti! That is so sweets! <3

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.