Monday, 20 May 2013

Tutorial Monday: Sweet Happy Times - page tutorial by Donna


Hi folks! Donna here to share another project for this month. Still about using flowers and ribbons which is May's challenge theme.
Hope you like it and get inspired to join this month

For this layout, I scrapped about my hubby's surprise gifts last Valentine's day. On rare occasions, he will give me gifts but seldom flowers. He knows I love teddy bears but being here in Saudi Arabia, I haven't found anything that I liked yet. I always tell him I'd love to receive something craft-related or nothing at all.. And I MEAN THE "BIG STUFF" (**cough**Cameo**Cricut**cough**and other new scrapbook stuff**cough**)... lol!! :D
BUT on that day, he gave me the cutest little teddy bear and loveliest 3 pink roses..e.v.e.r.... I literally shrieked when I saw these on our bed! Ha!!! TOO SWEET!!! lol! :D
So anyways, enough of the lovey-dovey-gooey stuff... let me take you on a step-by-step on how I created my next page for this month...

First off, I used my fave stencil Bubble Mask (so far) from Studio Calico. Spread some gesso/modeling paste/texture paste on the base cardstock. I used my heat tool for fast drying time.
To add more texture and colors, stamp on the surface and apply Mod Podge to adhere the micro beads. I really liked how the stamped images created an interesting effect on the irregular surface.
 
Set it aside. Get one of the On Trend paper flowers and spray with your choice of glimmer mist....
Get a piece of tag and spray with glimmer mist. Stamp an image flower on it and emboss.
Color the parts with inks and smudge with your finger while the ink is still wet. I also used some colored pens on my stamped flower images.
Cut some leaves as well, as seen in the image below. Take a tag and spray with glimmer mist and stamp with the same images used in the background page.
Cut several strips of papers and adhere
Arrange the photos and the embellishments.. use chipboards, stickers...
some washi tapes...
buttons, ribbons...
Stickles, glitters...
 and you'll create this page...
Hope you liked it! Thanks!

Materials Used:
Crate Paper On Trend 12x12 collection pack
Crate Paper On Trend paper flowers
American Craft cardstock
Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm ribbon pack
My Mind's Eye Follow your heart : Be Happy Stamp set
My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Howdy Doody "Baby" stamp set
My Mind's Eye Story clear stamp set Miss Caroline
Zing Embossing Powder Clear
Inkssentials Surfaces Manila Craft tag #8
Plaid Mod Podge Matte 8oz
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Turquoise Blue
Pop! Microbeads Rouge
Prima Ingvild Bolme chalk fluid edger
Echo Park Sweet Girl washi tapes
American Crafts Precision Pen
Studio Calico Mister Huey  - Bubble Mask
Studio Gesso white


------

A summary of what you have to do: 
Make a Scrapbook Page or a Card or an Altered Project with "Flowers and Ribbons"
Your work has to be new: made after this challenge went live
Be a member of our Facebook Group and share your project in our album May Challenge: Flowers and Ribbons
Projects that are not shared in the specified album will be disqualified
Follow us on Blogger and Like us on Facebook
You can participate in this challenge only once
Deadline: May 31, 2013
Prize: A prize pack put together by PPS

2 comments:

  1. wow.. pretty layout sister.. good job. thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your layout Donna! TFS the how-to!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.