Monday, 17 June 2013

Tutorial Monday: Winter ready layout (in summer!!!)


Hello crafty people!
It's another Monday again and that means a photo tutorial for you all.

I know it's summer in the most part of the world already but I was given a winter themed collection in my DT kit for this month :) Like Winter in July ;) Let's not forget that we also have a challenge to create projects for less than 30 minutes, okay? So that's double wham for me! :D

To make it to the 30-minute time constraint, I chose the things I wanted to use on my page beforehand which matched my chosen photos (thanks to my dear cousin Liz for always letting me use their photos). This saved me time deciding which one goes to what. I kept everything simple. Think of complementing colors and embellishments for your page. I thought to add some paper twine (I ended up using one only) and buttons.
I wanted to make a warm-feeling kind of layout so I chose the wood grain pattern paper. Then I cut a piece of another solid color background paper to mat all my layers, to make it stand out in contrast to the dark paper underneath. I also added a small silver doily to add interest and texture as well.
I arranged the strips of papers, banners and buttons, mentally taking note of all the positions because I will later move this around to adhere.
Added twine underneath the banners like so and the stickers too

I really loved how it turned out! The kit made it much easier to assemble the whole page. A total plus if you're in a hurry but wanted to scrap those winter photos and add to your album already.
Hope you liked my post!
Do check out our challenge this month and join along!

Make a Scrapbook Page or a Card or an Altered Project "in less than 30 minutes"
Your work has to be new: made after this challenge went live
Be a member of our Facebook Group and share your project in our album June Challenge: In Less Than 30 Minutes
Projects that are not shared in the specified album will be disqualified
Follow us on Blogger and Like us on Facebook
You can participate in this challenge only once
Deadline: June 30, 2013
Prize: A prize pack put together by PPS

Materials used:
Others: 
Doily
Twine
Buttons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.