Monday, 15 July 2013

Tutorial Monday: Such a great day to be with friends


Hi all, Donna here to share with you another page I created using this month's scrapbook layout sketch.


Gather your supplies. I used Crate Paper's DIY shop collection and some other stuff in my layout. Even before I started my page, I already have ideas what to do with it. Plus the use of the sketch made is easier as well.

I matted one of the Maggie Holmes' fabric stitched frames with a striped paper. I like the bold contrast it creates.

I love to use the edge borders of each patterned paper. You just have to be patient fuzzy cutting these scalloped edges.


Cut another strip from one of the patterned paper and crumple it as seen in the image. Or if you don't like this look, you can skip the crumpling.


Cut some more strips and pieces of papers, following elements in the sketch.

Prep up your background by dabbing/brushing thin layer of distress stain on it. Then spritz with glimmer mist.

After it has dried up, use a stencil and texture paste to add texture in the center of the background cardstock.

Cut 3 pcs of circles in different sizes. Shape them in flowers and grunge it up with Distress inks.


Use a rubon tool and a stick to roll up the edges of the flowers. 

End up with something similar to this.

Create more flowers.


Some close up shots...




and this is my finished page.... notice, I flipped the sketch. Another perspective and I like how it turned out. Add more elements if you like. Like the strip of papers I did in the upper left and lower right of my page.


Thanks for dropping by! Hope you get inspired and join us again in this month's challenge!

Materials used:
Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Broken china and Tea dye
Twine
Texture paste
Doily
---------------
A summary of what you have to do: 
Make a Scrapbook Page or a Card using the provided sketches.
Your work has to be new: made after this challenge went live
Be a member of our Facebook Group and share your project in our album July Challenge: From Sketch to Card / Page
Projects that are not shared in the specified album will be disqualified
Follow us on Blogger and Like us on Facebook
You can participate in this challenge only once
Deadline: July 30, 2013
Prize: A prize pack put together by PPS

2 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.