Wednesday, 9 October 2013

October Challenge: Anything Goes Continued

Hi folks! It's been a long time since I posted a project in the blog. There had been several personal stuff that happened to me that I had to attend to. Very grateful to Neelu for always being such a considerate boss ;)

Now on to my project to share with you today!

I admit, I have tons of boxes saved to be altered in the future. And a few days ago, I worked on one of my "treasured" boxes ;)

I love collecting boxes :D From shoe boxes to aromatic candle boxes! A friend knew about this habit so she gave some to me before she left for Manila. I even have a couple of round hat boxes that I can't wait to alter in the future!

To start with the altering process, I used gesso to slightly cover the whole box and the cover. I refrained from brushing gesso on the lid of the box cover as well as around the top of the box so it can still be closed without being too tight.

So from this...


To this...

I used the DIY shop papers and On Trend flower for this project.

I measured the cover (top, the four sides and the inside of it). Same with the box itself. I used three different papers for the whole project. I opted to have the bold black and white diagonal patterned paper for the scalloped trim. After adhering the papers, I used the distress ink all over the surface, paying attention specifically on the edges of the box. Then using a distress tool, I slightly distressed some parts and inked them again to subtly cover them. I was aiming for a vintage kinda shabby chic design for this box. I "think" I achieved it somehow :) 


The rolled gold rose paper flower in the middle of the On Trend paper flower is cut out from a doily. I just trimmed the edges of the doily and used the solid middle part. A lacey ribbon and tulle made a lovely combo and added a soft touch to the layers of embellishments.


Hope you liked it!
Don't forget to join us again this month for our "ANYTHING GOES" Challenge!
Thanks for dropping by!

List of materials used:
Tulle
Ribbon
Twine
Gold doily
Pink rose flowers with glitter
Gold beads
----------

A summary of what you have to do: 
Make a Scrapbook Page or a Card or an Altered Project. The theme can be anything. You can use anything! 
Your work has to be new: made after this challenge went live
Be a member of our Facebook Group and share your project in our album October Challenge: Anything Goes
Projects that are not shared in the specified album will be disqualified
Follow us on Blogger and Like us on Facebook
You can participate in this challenge only once
Deadline: October 31, 2013
Prize: A prize pack put together by PPS

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.