Monday, 18 November 2013

Anything with glitter: Photo tutorial by Donna

Hi all! Will share with you today a step by step photo tutorial on how I created my page still about this month's challenge: "Anything with glitter"
Let's start!

1. I started putting glitter on this piece of chipboard by Blue Fern.
2. Prep the surface by coloring it with a shade similar to the color of the glitter you're going to use.
3. Now, this is what I did to adhere my glitter to the chipboard. I googled lots of ways actually and this one I liked best. I liked how it turned out and it's not that messy, just be careful with the mixing part and you'll not be covered with glitters. Mix a small portion of glossy accents and glitter together. I used a thin stick (I saved from Starbucks lol!!!) to mix these two together. Now, I only started with a really small amount of both because I noticed the mixture dries up quite fast. So I just mixed a bit more until the chipboard has been fully covered. I used the same stick in putting the mixture, patting and spreading it lightly.
4. This is how it looked like after, not yet dry though.
5. Onto our base. I used a white cardstock (but if you want, you can use a sturdier base like a cardboard). Spread gesso all over the cardstock, a quick one. Don't let it dry completely.
6. I used a piece of gauze (which you can avail in a pharmacy store hehe), for added texture on my background. Used gesso to adhere the gauze.
7. Time to play with colors! Quicken drying time by using a heat tool (Use with precaution!) Some glimmer mists, color mists and inks colored my background as shown below
8. Use glossy accents again to adhere glitter
9. I used a die cut doily for the doily shapes under my photos, fuzzy cut flowers from one of the pattern patterned papers, inked the edges of the word strips, used twine and placed a couple under the Prima flowers.
10. I thought I wanted more reddish/pinkish color to some parts of my page so I gently dabbed ink using chalk edger and mini deco doily.
11. The Prima flowers I used has glitters on them already so it's perfect for this month's challenge!
 12. I really love the added texture of gauze with gesso to my page.
I hope you liked my tutorial for today! Please join our challenge, read the details below!

List of materials used:
Tattered Angels glimmer mists - Lavender Fields, Tuscan Sun, Turquoise Blue
Glossy accents
American Crafts black pen
Gesso
Kaisercraft flowers
Prima flowers
Stampin Up rhinestones
Gauze
Twine
Gold thread
Canson paper

Don't forget to join us in this month's challenge.

------------
A summary of what you have to do: 
Make a Scrapbook Page or a Card or an Altered Project with glitter in it. 
Your work has to be new: made after this challenge went live
Be a member of our Facebook Group and share your project in our album November Challenge: Anything with Glitter
Projects that are not shared in the specified album will be disqualified
Follow us on Blogger and Like us on Facebook
You can participate in this challenge only once
Deadline: November 30, 2013
Prize: A prize pack put together by PPS

2 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.