Monday, 9 December 2013

Tutorial Monday: Holiday Cheers Tags and Ornaments


Hi all! Today I wanna share with you some holiday themed tags that you may give as gift tags or use as decorations in your homes.

So, let's begin!

First, prep your tags by applying modeling paste on a stencil with holiday theme. I used Dylusions 9x12 stencil for my tags. I finished them off with some inks and mists.


Time to assemble and decorate our tags.
I used a gold doily for my tags, serves as mat and nice touch as well. Ink the edges of another smaller tag and make some curled bows of twines as seen in the image below. We'll tie this to our smaller tag and adhere to the bigger tag.


Use decorative tape or washi tape and adhere it any way you like. Cut a strip of patterned paper and adhere. I placed each strips of paper differently on my tags.

I chose "Peace, Love and Joy" for my tags.


I used Prima flowers and my own paper flowers to embellish the tags.
For the hand made flowers, I attached each layers of petals with a gold brad. Ink the petals first before slightly misting with water. Curl the petals and let it dry overnight or use a heatgun to make the drying time faster. Slowly uncurl each petals carefully as it might break or tear, esp the smallest one. The size of these are: 2.25 inches, 1.25 inches, and 1 inch. Make two of each sizes for one flower. Cut some leaves on a piece of green pattern paper. I did my leaves free hand, but these are approximately 1.5 inches each. The bigger ones are approx. 2 inches each.

Assemble your tag. Repeat the same process to the other two but different placements of each embellishments.

 
 
I hope you liked my post for all of you today!
Please don't forget to join our challenge this month! 

A summary of what you have to do: 
Make a Scrapbook Page or a Card or an Altered Project with the theme 'Holiday Cheers' 
Your work has to be new: made after this challenge went live
Be a member of our Facebook Group and share your project in our album December Challenge: Holiday Cheers
Projects that are not shared in the specified album will be disqualified
Follow us on Blogger and Like us on Facebook
You can participate in this challenge only once
Deadline: December 31, 2013
Prize: A prize pack put together by PPS

List of supplies used:
Glimmer Mists-Turquoise Blue and Graphite
Distress Ink - Brushed Corduroy
Inkssentials Craft tags #8 size manila
Modeling Paste
Doily
Twine

Happy Crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.