Saturday, 25 January 2014

A New Beginning - celebrating life, card complilation

As we are in the beginning of the year, its just but right to celebrate. In parallel, birthdays are celebrated too since it signifies new life, new beginning. My card for today will be fit isn't it? a happy birthday card. With the stamps that I used for this project, this will be good for a little boy's birthday.

I used the rocket stamp from My Mind's Eye Boy Crazy stamp set and used the bearing piece to stamp randomly in the patterned paper's circle design. It just ties the boy look on this card. The sentiment is from Pebbles though.


To coordinate the envelope with this card, I also stamped the same stamp elements outside the envelope.


And again a closer look of the project


***

Miss You card

This one is just one of my favorite style, clean and simple card (also know as CAS).

I have the chipboard thickers in my stash and decided to make use of this in today's project.
I did a combination of papers from Fancy Pants and the mini note card from Webster's as it just brings the right patterns and colors.

To bring some texture in the card, I normally emboss the card base to keep some dimensions to it, the same as what I did here.



For my love birds, I used Lawn Fawn's Christmas stamp set but only the bird and heart stamps. Isn't it great to get a versatile stamp that can be used all throughout the year, not only for the holidays but also for non-holiday card? Love that. I did a mirrored stamping of the bird, this replicates the blue bird in the right.


Here's a closer look of the sentiment thickers. The crisscrossed design on this alpha just adds more character into the chipboard which I also like about this element.


***

I Do - A new beginning card 

On this card, I did a non-traditional wedding card.

The color of this card is more cheery and bright compared to traditional wedding colors such as silver, and other muted tone. I however think that we can still add colors to a wedding card by adding some fun elements to it and try out something new.



I used Allison Kreft mini-folder in front of the card but rather than keeping the front panel as plain, I die cut the center with a small circle and added a vellum in the middle to emphasize the chipboard heart.

I altered the chipboard by embossing it with gold. This will also complement the yellow card base that I used.


Inside the folder, I also embossed the 'I Do' to match the heart outside. I also added the two birds above to give an impression for a couple. The bird stamps came from Lawn Fawn's Christmas stamp collection but i was able to use some of the stamp elements form non-holiday card too such as this one.



There's still time to join in this month's "A New Beginning Challenge" so you can track back the Pretty paper Studio blog for more inspiration.

Have a great day and I'll catch up again soon.



Supplies used: Happy Birthday card
Crate Paper Party Day 6x6 paper pad
Pebbles Happy Birthday stamp set
MME Boy Crazy Stamp set
Fiskars Compact Stamp Press 
Hero Hues Snow Envelope
Hero Hues Snow Folded Cards
Adhesive runner
Black ink pad
Gray ink pad

Supplies used: Miss You card
Fancy Pants Etcetera 6x6 paper pad
Webster's Page Sweet Notes mini folders & cards set
Lawn Fawn Peace Joy Love clear stamp set
Hero Hues Snow Folded cards
Amy Tangerine Goodness Slate Printed Chip Thickers
Fiskars compact stamp press
Adhesive runner
Swiss Dot Embossing Folder
Sizzix Die cutting machine

Supplies used: I Do card
Webster's Page Sweet Notes mini folders & cards set
Hero Hues Daffodil layering paper
Gold embossing powder
Directions Chipboard set 
Heat tool
Washi tape
Adhesive runner
Vellum
Circle die
Embossing folder
Big Shot die cutting machine


A summary of what you have to do: 
Make a Scrapbook Page or a Card or an Altered Project with the theme 'New Beginnings' 
Your work has to be new: made after this challenge went live
Be a member of our Facebook Group and share your project in our album January Challenge: New Beginnings
Projects that are not shared in the specified album will be disqualified
Follow us on Blogger and Like us on Facebook
You can participate in this challenge only once
Deadline: January 31, 2014
Prize: A prize pack put together by PPS 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.