Thursday, 23 January 2014

Celebrate Everyday: Project Life with Neelu


Hiya! It's been a while since we talked about Project Life, isn't it? Not to worry. Neelu to the rescue! (We will see about that!)

Jokes apart, I'am happy to re-start our Celebrate Everyday series. This is my second attempt at Project Life and I'am hoping my enthusiasm won't fizz out. I know I'am not giving a very enthusiastic start here, but honesty is the best policy. Right? 

If you are new to Project Life, then I suggest you watch this video. Project Life is a memory keeping system introduced to the world by the ever talented Becky Higgins. This system is for everyone. And by that, I do mean everyone! Single or married. With or without Children. With or without pets. High school or college student. 20 or 60 years old. Your age or status in life has nothing to do with PL aka Project Life. It is about you! Your memories. Those moments whether silly or serious. Your days whether boring or too busy to catch a breath. It is about your life. It is about you - the most important person in your life. 

Like I said before, this is my second attempt at PL. I had started sometime in September 2012 and kind of stopped in early 2013. Why? Laziness. Being busy. I could give a number of reasons. Then why come back? Because I miss it. Very much. I was going through my old PL album, Ramadan Journals and was flooded with emotions. I miss seeing my life in photos and words. Scrapbooking isn't just a hobby for me. Yes, it is therapeutic. It gives me a creative outlet. But it also helps me document. And Project Life is the easiest and simplest way to do it. Period. 


So here is my title page for 2014. I'am using Party Day 12x12" Album this year. I'am using the Big Variety Pack 1 of photo packet pages at the moment. Design A is my personal favorite. Oh, and I print photos at home using Canon Selphy. 


Since I didn't do much documenting in 2013, I decided to do a two pages' spread with some of the highlights of the year. Summarizing a year into two pages isn't easy, but well worth the effort. 

As you can see, I have kept the pages very simple. I'am fine with it, as of now. I may get creative later or may not. I have decided to just go with the flow and not overwhelm myself. Hopefully, it will work. 

If you are on the fence about starting Project Life, I say do it. Yes, just do it! It doesn't matter whether you go for 12x12 spreads or smaller versions. It doesn't matter whether you finish the whole year or few weeks. Whatever gets documented in whichever way is going to make you happy and grateful. Trust me. 

If you have already started with PL, I would love to see photos of your spreads. Do leave your blog/image link in the comment section. 

See you soon with Week 1-3 spreads!
Neelu

Supplies Used
Digital Printables are from In A Creative Bubble and Paislee Press

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.