Sunday, 5 January 2014

Challenge intro: New year, new beginnings

Happy New Year everyone!! Wow time flies really fast, I couldn't believe it's 2014 already!
Pretty Paper Studio will be bringing you more creative inspirations all throughout this year, I'm sure of that! To start off, join us in this month's challenge, all about "NEW BEGINNINGS."

Let me show you what I created as an intro to this month's challenge.

"Thanks 2013, Hello 2014"

I started by creating texture for my background. I made my background with a couple of stencils, shiny watercolors and my homemade texture paste (I got the recipe from a friend but google can show you several links to a tutorial how to make your own). I brushed Gesso on the chipboards, used distress ink and watercolors too. 
 
I spread my clusters of flowers and embellishments on my page as you can see in the images below. 
 I brushed some of the flowers with the shiny watercolors too.
 
For the journaling, I tucked in a couple of tags under one of the doilies. I kept this part in mind before I adhered everything.
 I used stickers for the first small tag and tied it on top of the larger tag.
 and here is my page in whole.
I hope you got inspired by my page today! Please join our fun challenge this month to win some goodies from Pretty Paper Studio!

A summary of what you have to do: 
Make a Scrapbook Page or a Card or an Altered Project with the theme 'New Beginnings' 
Your work has to be new: made after this challenge went live
Be a member of our Facebook Group and share your project in our album January Challenge: New Beginnings
Projects that are not shared in the specified album will be disqualified
Follow us on Blogger and Like us on Facebook
You can participate in this challenge only once
Deadline: January 31, 2014
Prize: A prize pack put together by PPS 

Supplies used:
Prima flowers 
Big shot machine
Watercolor
Kaisercraft pearls
Doilies 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.