Monday, 13 January 2014

Wedding card for a New beginning


It's the new year and I noticed before the year ends, there are more weddings that are happening during the month of December.

I think a wedding card will fit  this month's challenge at Pretty Paper Studio, A New Beginning.

I started off by selecting the chipboard I liked and coloring the pieces with silver. You can either color them by embossing with silver or coat them with silver gel pen. I find the embossing them gives more luster to it compared to a gel pen. 


I coated the chipboard piece with Versamark ink. Versamark is a very sticky ink that's perfect to hold the silver powder.


I then sprinkled the silver embossing powder that will add silver shine to the chipboard once it melted. 




Melting the silver powder with a heat tool. Be careful as the air gets very hot as it blows.
 I used tweezers to hold those piece while heating.


Part of the powder is melted on this piece. You will know that powder is all melted when you see those shine. So pretty in real life. 


These are my two chipboard piece, all silvered.


I then cut patterned papers for an added strip of color and card background.



For additional texture, I placed a silver laced ribbon on the side to complement the silver color chipboard.


And arrange the placement of the other elements in the card.  

  
For the sentiment, I used the gold metallic sticker from Dear Lizzy Mini Alpha. That craft knife is a great tool to hold delicate sticker such as this one.


For the finishing touches, I added white pearls in selected points of the chipboard.   
  

  

Supplies used:
Silver embossing powder
White Pearls

Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

  1. it is so beautiful Ria, and thanks for sharing the tutorial

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.