Monday, 3 February 2014

All about LOVE: February Challenge

February.. the LOVE month.. my birthday month :)

Here is my first layout that I hope will inspire you in joining us again for this month's challenge: " ALL ABOUT LOVE"

I wanted subtle texture for my background, and not too many colors (a break from my colorful and very dimensional projects from last month. I started with a mask and my home made texture paste. I used a couple of oil pastel colors (with shimmer) to add some colors, after the texture paste dried. The gold doesn't show but I mixed it with pink. Then using a sponge, I just rubbed everything in a downward/upward motion to spread it.

I cut out the hearts from a couple of gold doilies. Then folded in half and adhered a smaller heart on top of the other. Added small Prima flowers and knotted silver thread.

Strips of papers with inked edges to mat my photos. I also used a scrap of small card boards under the photos for more depth. Embellished with some clusters of flowers, stickers, enamel dots, knots of silver thread, and fuzzy cut bicycles.
I really hope I got your inspiration flowing :) Check out the challenge details after this image... 

A summary of what you have to do: 
Make a Scrapbook Page or a Card or an Altered Project with the theme 'ALL ABOUT LOVE' 
Your work has to be new: made after this challenge went live
Be a member of our Facebook Group and share your project in our album February Challenge: All About Love
Projects that are not shared in the specified album will be disqualified
Follow us on Blogger and Like us on Facebook
You can participate in this challenge only once
Deadline: February 28, 2014
Prize: A prize pack put together by PPS 
Supplies used:
Gold doily
Silver thread
Oil pastels
Staedtler fineliner pen

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.