Monday, 3 March 2014

A clean and simple approach - photo tutorial


Hi folks! Donna here for a simple step-by-step tutorial of my "CLEAN AND SIMPLE" version of a layout. I REALLY struggled with this one :) BUT I had to stick to this month's challenge theme. Neelu wanted us to go out of our comfort zone, so excuse my feeble attempt, this is the "cleanest" it could get lol! 

See what I came up with some strips of papers, few cards cut out from a patterned paper, tissue paper (yes I love using this lately, for build up..you'll see later), and some few embellishments.

1. I gathered my photos and the materials I wanted to use for my layout. I kept it really simple and few. No BIG flowers and no gesso/textured paste this time. Since it's quite simple, I opted for a blend of bright and cherry colors.
 2. I adhered the strips at the top and bottom part of the white cardstock.
 3. I added a dash of gold by placing half doilies at the top and bottom too.
 4. Then added the the last strips for both the top and bottom.
 5. I arranged/layered the cut up papers, cards and photos in the center of the layout. I slightly passed through a bit of ink around the papers.
 6. Before adhering with double-sided tape, I used some crumpled tissue paper first. This will serve as build-up for the layers, it will add dimension and soft cushion for the layers above it.
7. And the final layout! Clean and simple!!! Woot!!! :D
A summary of what you have to do: 
Make a Scrapbook Page or a Card or an Altered Project with the theme 'CLEAN AND SIMPLE' 
Your work has to be new: made after this challenge went live
Be a member of our Facebook Group and share your project in our albumMarch Challenge: Clean and Simple
Projects that are not shared in the specified album will be disqualified
Follow us on Blogger and Like us on Facebook
You can participate in this challenge only once
Deadline: March 31, 2014
Prize: A prize pack put together by PPS 

Supplies used:
Canson white cardstock
doilies
tissue paper

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.